martes, 29 de julio de 2008

Insects ans mamuths...


Last saturday, reading the guardian, something toughs me ... it was about the books size... The author said that sometimes, in clean cut cases, you have only time to read the insects, little books that take 3 hours to read it. Anothers, when you are glorious and strong decided you ll take the big ones, like the ancienty mamuths, mammalians old books, likeUlisses by James Joyce or Don Quijote de la Mancha, or Dante... Welll I don t care too much about the books size but the essence inside it...generally I read 40 something during the year, some years more ( like in 1999 when I read 67 and others less like in 2002 that I read 41..of course after I ve been here I have changed a lot, in Brazil more than 90 % was in portuguese, nowdays less than 10 is in portuguese) I like both , the insects and the mamuths... depends the quality of the year, or my luck free time... Last years I found a lot of interesting books which are transforming my home in a second hand book shop... This year the mamuths in my house are rare... I choose more essays or philosophy new books others than literature... insects I brought from Brazil ( Padre Antonio Vieira, Mário Quintana, Scliar) or from US ( Ayn Rand), middle size books I bought here in Barcelona (`L`´Ultim patriarca, El noi de piyama de Ratles)...For the insects books the classic is Stevenson, Quim Monzó, Dalton Trevisan, Kafka and Lispector. Another quite good that I read long time ago was Sostieni Pereira from Antonio Tabucchis... a moral book real great...

No hay comentarios: